Big Match-Viewer Upgrade
All of the promised upgrades to the older version of the match viewer are done now:
You can get to the new version using this link:
This version does not only look better, the performance is also better.
The gameboard resizes automatically to fit your screen size, which allows for watching two or more replays side by side and watching replays from mobile devices properly.
I also changed the links to matches from the Player tab to link to this new match viewer.
This version has also a button to flip the replay. (There are plans to add automatic flipping by settings in the future)
But this viewer is still not finished and there are lots of things in my mind that I want to add around it.
The following Items are ideas from myself of thing I would like to add in the future:
More Links to this viewer
- Maybe a site, that gives a good overview over recent matches from any given player
- Or a site, that automatically shows and selects recent matches from top players/algos
Settings in general
- for things like optional autoplay, automatic flipping to certain player(s)
Improving the match viewer itself
- adding a way to show how much damaged firewalls have (don’t know how yet)
- adding more information to it, like cores_on_board, time_took_last_turn or current rating of both algos
- adding slider to select any point in time during the replay to show
- adding buttons/slider to change playback speed (currently only possible with the keyboard keys UP and DOWN)
- adding visual information to show which shortcuts there are to do the same actions that the buttons provide
- making buttons bigger for mobile devices
Reworking things of the previous website
- like the advanced leaderboard and the player tab
I have not decided yet which things I will do next. Feel free to suggest other things aswell and tell me which features are the most important to you.
If you want to create any form of visualisation of terminal matches (like e.g. the terminal-competition-viewer from @IWannaWin or the Terminal-Tracker from @bcverdict) feel free to link matches also to this match viewer.