Season 3 Finale Details

Hopefully it’s something a simple as Ryan finally taking a vacation. Seems like he’s been at it non stop since the start of Season 1.

3 Likes

No, there has been one ocasion, that I remember, but I agree he doen’t take holiday often. Also, very weird that no one is contacting us…

Wait! Is the stream Monday (9/9) or Tuesday (9/10)? Here it’s listed as Tuesday the 9th.

Meanwhile, the home page “What’s Happening” section says September 8th at 6pm.

1 Like

so, uh… less than 24 hours until the season end is (possibly?) streamed… still not a peep out of C1… ?

Well it’s 6:30 and the stream is offline, so I’m going to guess it’s not tonight after all.

Hey everyone, haven’t looked through this that much but n-sanders got it, I was on vacation last week. I will be looking through threads and resolving issues throughout today.

Sorry about the poor communication on this.

3 Likes

Good you’re back!
When is the final stream going to be?

Edit:
Wait, the season 3 leaderboard just completely changed…

Hey everyone,

I’ll be addressing any additional concerns about season 3 finale in this thread

looks like i’m around #16, didn’t have time to update my hydra spinoff in the last few weeks, good luck guys will checkout what the winning strategy is his time!

1 Like

Excited for the stream tonight! Will there be any highlight matches features from this summer’s weekly rank tier tournaments? I vaguely remember that being mentioned a while back but it may have changed. Curious how or if the weekly matches will be integrated.

That was originally part of the plan, 21 games is already quite a lot to stream, so we are just going to stick to that for now.

1 Like

Great Season 3 everyone!
I have no idea what happened against @quincyc3 or with the crash against Zero.

Sadly I am in senior year of undergrad and trying to arrange grad school or employment while finishing undergrad research so I do not know if I will be active during S4. Similar reasons were behind my S2 absence.
With luck I can put a few days/weeks of development in right before major competitions, we’ll see.

Otherwise this will probably be my hiatus announcement. I’ll still be reading the forums though because I can’t resist. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Good luck in Season 4!

P.S. This is what both me and quincy were expecting in the rush matchup:
https://terminal.c1games.com/watch/4378470

2 Likes

@RegularRyan I was wondering how the prize money will be distributed for the rank division and if it’s only for those of us who made top 10? I was at a career fair during the stream!

Also, it was great playing with you KauffK this season, even though I never reliably beat you (if at all)! I hope your algos will be up during S4 and that you’ll modify them every so often.

I will miss you and your algos @KauffK !
I will be in a similar situation, as it is my final year, but I will still try from time to time to work on Terminal.

By the way, can someone explain to me why the *** am I first now? It seems exactly like season 1: first a week before the final, first a week after the final but absolutely not at the crucial moment…
And with quite a lead actually (about 200 points…)

@arnby And I should not be third!

I still need to understand how the elo system works but when I looked at my matches yesterday I was confused because I had a lot of wins in the 1500-1850 range. And then a few losses in the +2070 range.
Might be relevant!

This doesn’t actually seem to be as true as I thought it was. I’d like to know where the volatility in my algos is coming from.