Locally generated replays can not be tested

I probably need to update something, but after the Season 3 updates,
replayes generated from local matches, can not be played back with test_algo_os script.

There obvious difference in the format of the replay file when generated from local match, and when downloaded:

Local replays have empty line before and after the config row (that results in following error:)

thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: SyntaxError("EOF While parsing value", 1, 2)', src\libcore\result.rs:1009:5
note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.

After removing the empty lines, the order of elements is a bit different, and the following error is shown:

thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Option::unwrap()` on a `None` value', src\libcore\option.rs:355:21
note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.

There is no problems when uploading locally generated replays files, in the Web Playground,
just when running them with test_algo_os (windows in my case)

Has there been any progress on this bug? I am a brand new player and have immediately run into this exact problem.

Looks like I let this one slip by, we are looking at it now. Thanks for the bump.

So I figured out the issue. If you change the “waitTimeBotMax” and “waitTimeBotSoft” to be integers instead of floats in the config line of the replay, and also remove the extra blank new lines it will work. I’m going to be pushing up an update to the starterkit test_algo_os scripts today for a long term solution.

I updated the test_algo_os for all the OSes. Let us know if there are any problems still.

3 Likes