Everything is crashing

Currently all algos are always crashing, I don’t know if this is due to a season change or a new config, but it the global matchmaking currently doesn’t seem to work.

1 Like

I was wondering that too, I even downloaded the current starter kit, and just uploaded the python-algo from there. The last i saw, Season 8 was going to run indefinitly using the season 7 config. However I uploaded the starting python-algo from my Season 2 folder from the season 2 starter kit, and that worked fine, so it seems like that is the problem, it’s using the wrong config. The playground config seems fine though., since the Season 8 starter algo works, but the season 2 does not.

Will investigate tommorow, sorry about this!

We are going to use the Season 6 config, which has a reasonable mix of newer features like upgrades and it decently well balanced. Season 7 was a unique one, but I wouldn’t want it to run forever with factories being so polarizing and game lengths being so short. It just misses the mark on a few of our design goals.

4 Likes

okay, that makes sense. I know when Season 8 first went live early it was using season 7 config, since season 7 algos could be uploaded without issue. I’m guessing the starter kit will be updated(if not already) with the correct config and everything, I didn’t play in season 5/6 so I don’t think i have a copy of that, or what terminology might be different between the last seaosn i played before 7(Season 4), and Season 6, or if the season 6 starter kit is still on your github, I should probably go check.

1 Like

Future starterkits should always be compatible with all current and past configs. Always use the most up to date starterkit

1 Like

Everything should be working ok now, I think swapping the configs after people had already uploaded algos caused those algos to fail

1 Like