When viewing replay file nothing shows up

Whenever I attempt to view a replay file after having uploaded a replay nothing happens, the arena shows up and I can see the frame/round count going up but nothing actually happens - nothing is spawned etc.

Is anyone has having this issue? How can I solve this?

[EDIT] I’ve noticed that the replay file is saved before the game runs, I’m thinking this could be why but I have no idead how I’d go about fixing it.

[EDIT 2] I can compress my algo into a zip upoload and play against it as expected, I just can’t view it as a replay.

Hmmm, I’m not sure about that problem. However, I do know that the replay file is created at the beginning of the game and then is added to as the game progresses, so that behavior seems fine.

Can you actually open up the replay file using a text editor? You should see a bunch of data in JSON format. If you can see that data then the problem is likely in the browser stage rather than the game running stage. Also, do you get any errors when running?

The files do contain the JSON data, I get several errors while running the program all of them say:

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "kill": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

They occur after the program returns:

Done waiting now exiting finished game.
Hard Exiting Now
Closing stream

Are you running windows? If so I believe I had the same problem. I fixed it by updating my code from the GitHub page, but you can see the full thread here:

When I had this error it in no way affected the replay files and running it on Chrome so it is probably a problem with running the replay in the browser. So it looks like 2 separate unrelated issues. The above thread should help you will the Java kill error.

For the browser you can try:

  • Turning on hardware acceleration
  • Clearing cache/hard reloading
  • Installing the newest Java updates
1 Like

Yes, I am running windows (10).

I’ve tried clearing my cache/hard reloading and hardware acceleration is on.
I installed Java for this so it’s gonna be up to date.

Tomorrow I’ll try updating my code from the github page.

Thanks for your help - I’ll let you know how I get on.

I deleted the old download then download it again from github, I now receive no errors when running the started algo.

However I still cannot view it as a replay.

[EDIT] I’ve noticed that Invalid command, couldn't json for player 1 comes up a lot in the powershell output - I hadn’t seen this before as it’s not highlighted red, as other errors were.