Season 5 is now live with a bunch of changes! But lets recap some updates that occurred near the end of Season 4 that you might have missed:
- Coding in the browser now live. Just hit “Edit Code” in the playground with the algo you want to edit playing. Works very fast with python algos since they don’t need to compile.
- Can now login and signup with just an email making it easier to bring in your friends. Can also attach a github to the account later if you like. Email changes also now require a confirmation email.
Now onto the new Season 5 features:
- New Upgrade System: You can now upgrade your firewall units. Details are in rules and docs. This should allow for some new base layouts. The feature was coded in such a way that with just config changes one firewall can turn into basically any new firewall unit, though for now we are using it conservatively.
- Completely refactored Game Engine and Config: This means for live and other competitions as well as future seasons we can completely change the game way more than we could before. If you have any ideas for game configs changes let us know! For those of you wondering where I’ve been, it was in the trenches rewriting a ton of code and prepping for this season.
- Starterkit starter algos have all been updated to be able to handle the new changes, be sure to checkout this PR: https://github.com/correlation-one/C1GamesStarterKit/pull/89 Java and Rust algo had some major refactors as well with java algo now matching python algos updated strategy.
- Weekly Tiered-Competitions that we tested in Season 3 will return be on the lookout for them!
- Frontend features such as public user profile and Live Competition related features will come as well!
- Some docs like the ones at docs.c1games.com haven’t been updated yet, but the new config and changes shouldn’t be too hard to understand until then.