Season 3 Finale Details

At least as of 4pm I think you had a lead in ranking.

Yeah, but I don’t think the games stopped without a reason now. Maybe they meant to say 8pm

It’s like we are all stuck waiting for the review of the photo finish.

At this pace, @RegularRyan’s employee of the year title may be at risk :stuck_out_tongue:

I think this is the longest span in my memory without C1 communication on the forums, especially during such an important part of the season.
I’m starting to hope everything is okay at C1. Maybe something happened unexpectedly.

Hopefully it’s something a simple as Ryan finally taking a vacation. Seems like he’s been at it non stop since the start of Season 1.

3 Likes

No, there has been one ocasion, that I remember, but I agree he doen’t take holiday often. Also, very weird that no one is contacting us…

Wait! Is the stream Monday (9/9) or Tuesday (9/10)? Here it’s listed as Tuesday the 9th.

Meanwhile, the home page “What’s Happening” section says September 8th at 6pm.

1 Like

so, uh… less than 24 hours until the season end is (possibly?) streamed… still not a peep out of C1… ?

Well it’s 6:30 and the stream is offline, so I’m going to guess it’s not tonight after all.

Hey everyone, haven’t looked through this that much but n-sanders got it, I was on vacation last week. I will be looking through threads and resolving issues throughout today.

Sorry about the poor communication on this.

3 Likes

Good you’re back!
When is the final stream going to be?

Edit:
Wait, the season 3 leaderboard just completely changed…

Hey everyone,

I’ll be addressing any additional concerns about season 3 finale in this thread

looks like i’m around #16, didn’t have time to update my hydra spinoff in the last few weeks, good luck guys will checkout what the winning strategy is his time!

1 Like

Excited for the stream tonight! Will there be any highlight matches features from this summer’s weekly rank tier tournaments? I vaguely remember that being mentioned a while back but it may have changed. Curious how or if the weekly matches will be integrated.

That was originally part of the plan, 21 games is already quite a lot to stream, so we are just going to stick to that for now.

1 Like

Great Season 3 everyone!
I have no idea what happened against @quincyc3 or with the crash against Zero.

Sadly I am in senior year of undergrad and trying to arrange grad school or employment while finishing undergrad research so I do not know if I will be active during S4. Similar reasons were behind my S2 absence.
With luck I can put a few days/weeks of development in right before major competitions, we’ll see.

Otherwise this will probably be my hiatus announcement. I’ll still be reading the forums though because I can’t resist. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Good luck in Season 4!

P.S. This is what both me and quincy were expecting in the rush matchup:
https://terminal.c1games.com/watch/4378470

2 Likes

@RegularRyan I was wondering how the prize money will be distributed for the rank division and if it’s only for those of us who made top 10? I was at a career fair during the stream!

Also, it was great playing with you KauffK this season, even though I never reliably beat you (if at all)! I hope your algos will be up during S4 and that you’ll modify them every so often.

I will miss you and your algos @KauffK !
I will be in a similar situation, as it is my final year, but I will still try from time to time to work on Terminal.

By the way, can someone explain to me why the *** am I first now? It seems exactly like season 1: first a week before the final, first a week after the final but absolutely not at the crucial moment…
And with quite a lead actually (about 200 points…)

@arnby And I should not be third!

I still need to understand how the elo system works but when I looked at my matches yesterday I was confused because I had a lot of wins in the 1500-1850 range. And then a few losses in the +2070 range.
Might be relevant!

This doesn’t actually seem to be as true as I thought it was. I’d like to know where the volatility in my algos is coming from.