Problems with running the starter kit

I have been trying to run the starter kit on my computer. I have the JDK 10.0.2 installed, and I set my execution policy. But, when I try to run the starter kit from powershell, I get a gigantic error, notably the fact that it says crashed and stated that processIsAlive != true:

PS C:\Users\Calvin\downloads\c1gamesstarterkit-master> scripts/run_match.ps1
p1:
C:\Users\Calvin\downloads\c1gamesstarterkit-master\algos\starter-algo\run.ps1
p2:
Starting Engine
Starting single worker game.
Saving replay: C:\Users\Calvin\downloads\c1gamesstarterkit-master\replays\p1-03-10-2018-22-50-43-1538621443751-2132269653.replay
P1 Name: starter-algo
P2 Name: starter-algo
Algo Crashed. Crash: false !processIsAlive: true
Starting turn: 0
SAPlayer 1 starter-algo: py : The term ‘py’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the
SAPlayer 1 starter-algo: spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
SAPlayer 1 starter-algo: At C:\Users\Calvin\downloads\c1gamesstarterkit-master\algos\starter-algo\run.ps1:4 char:1
SAPlayer 1 starter-algo: + py -3 $algoPath
SAPlayer 1 starter-algo: + ~~
SAPlayer 1 starter-algo: + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (py:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
SAPlayer 1 starter-algo: + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
SAPlayer 1 starter-algo:

and it goes on and on. I was introduced to the game from CodeBullet’s video, so I went to the website and read the whole rules and docs section. I downloaded the starter kit, and from there, I have a few questions. For example, how exactly should I develop the algos? In java? Where do I put them? How do I play online against other players? Is the starter kit supposed to have a GUI? If anyone could give me any answers to these I would be very grateful. Thank you.

1 Like

I think I may have a solution for you, Did you Download python 3? If not you may need it, it said py is not recognized so maybe you don’t have python installed properly. hope this helps

2 Likes

Hmmm. I thought I had already installed python, I mean, I’ve used my current computer to write Python programs before . . . I guess I’ll do a reinstall. Is the starter algo coded in Python? Anyway, Ill update you if it works. Thank you

1 Like

Just make sure its python3 and during the install there’s a checkbox for “install for all users” and “add to path” checking those might help.

1 Like

Everything worked. Thank you!

2 Likes