The original bosses were created at a time where there were virtually no other algos in the system, and were intentionally designed to be a bit weak to reduce how often they were copied. The bosses were always too weak to make them especially useful for testing, and with the new bosses we have added in C1Junaid’s MadroxFactor and Alderexan’s Algoo54 from the BYOB challenge, the list was getting cramped.
We decided to remove some older very weak bosses and add a few slightly stronger bosses in there place, to try to fill the gap in difficulty between starfish and Madrox. We also re-consolidated our star system.
- We removed Kraken, Mr.Plinko, Hudson, and Hound Dog
- We demoted starfish from 3 stars to two
- We added two new algos which should highlight some aggressive strategies
– BlackBeard, a ping corner-cannon
– Hellfire, an encryptor-focused offensive strategy
- We reduced MadroxFactor and Algoo to 3 stars
We hope that these two new algos will be able to provide some amount of challange for newer players and may be slightly useful for higher players to test their defences.
As a side note, Hellfire is very similar to ActorV6, but was developed in an internal office competition by someone who was unfamiliar with that algo, the similarity is coincidental.