How is the Number of Entrants determined?

Following up on this topic:

From what I have gathered, the following 77 algos are currently enrolled in this competition (sorted by elo):

starter-algo-V2.1,Star Wall 11,maginot,Camel,first_try,GGV_V2,skwt1.03,KulteraskV2,SkyBison2,algo_good_2.1,ANGER,GutterBall v1.0,SPIKE,algo-v1.4.4,thicc_wall_v1.1,BigSadAlgo-V0.6,ml-rich,Q,test1,True-Strategy,starter-algo2,skynet_01,first_algo,basic,test-algo,starter-algo,barrier-v1.6-3,first-algo,algo-next,My-AlgoV2.2,Andromeda-1.8,Mk2,directed-defense-algo,test_1,georgev3,ultamate-algo-V3,test,chicken-dinner1.3.5,FEAR,moj_test3,algo1,Funnel-Web_Spider,Thrawn_Pincer,test-algo-v1,starter-algo,Mega-OP-Algo-4,my-algo_ENCRYPTOR,Wall,MOD-KRAK-algo,starter-algo,Logo-algo2,starter-algo,bum-bum-n4,algo-001,pit-algo,code,Deleter-algo,algo-v1.30,mynoobishalgo_DEFENSE,V3,PaxBot,algos,starter-algo,KeeKat,starter-algo,starter,my-first-algo,my-algo-1,First-algo-basic,starter-algo - Copy,testing123,algo,starter-algo,Buttercrisp_Cuddlefish,my-algo,is-this-thing-on-0.16,shittyAlgo

This leaves me wondering if only those are displayed that manually selected an algo and everyone else will have their algo with the highest elo selected on the start date.

That is correct. Anyone who has an algo in their data banks but has not explicitly chosen one to enter into the competition will have their highest ELO algo submitted automatically when the copetition bracket is generated